skip to Main Content
L-1 Intracompany Transfer of Manager or Executive Visa

L-1 Intracompany Transfer of Manager or Executive Visa

A foreign company who has a U.S. subsidiary, affiliate, branch or other qualifying relationship, may transfer an employee to the U.S. for purposes of working at its U.S. office. The L-1 visa only allows intra-company transfer of employees involved in executive, managerial or specialized knowledge roles.

The L-1 visa holder must have worked at the foreign company for at least one consecutive year, in the last three years before entering the U.S., and in an executive or management position. The L-1 Visa is given for a maximum duration of seven years. The spouse and children (single and under 21 years of age) of the applicant also qualify for this type of Visa. The L-2 spouse may apply for Employment Authorization, but children are not eligible for work authorization.

Please feel free to contact BBA Law Group today, where one of our experienced attorneys will be able to guide you through the L1 Visa process.

Back To Top