skip to Main Content
EB - Employment Based Residence

EB – Employment Based Residence

Permanent residence in the United States can be obtained based on extraordinary or exceptional skills, through a job offer for permanent employment and future, or through an investment made in the States USA.

An immigrant is a foreign person who has been authorized to live and work permanently in the United States, and therefore it is approved to stay as a permanent legal resident.

If you wish to obtain legal permanent residence through an offer of work in the United States, or if you are an employer who wishes to sponsor a foreign person to obtain lawful permanent residence based on an offer work in the United States, you must go through a process that involves several stages.

Initially, BBA LAW GROUP will help you determine if the foreign person is eligible for legal permanent residency under one of the various job categories described below.

People who want to become immigrants based on employment or a job offer may apply for permanent residence or an immigrant visa abroad when an immigrant visa number becomes available according to the following employment based preferences:

  1. First Preference: Priority Workers, including aliens with extraordinary abilities, outstanding professors and researchers, and certain multinational executives and managers
  2. Second Preference: Members of professions holding an advanced degree or persons of exceptional ability (including individuals seeking a National Interest Waiver)
  3. Third Preference: Skilled Workers, professionals, and other qualified workers
  4. Fourth Preference: Certain special immigrants including those in religious vocations
  5. Fifth Preference: Employment creation immigrants (investors or entrepreneurs)

There are some types of visas that allow a person to be sponsored by a job:

  • EB1 Priority workers. There are three subcategories:
    1. Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics
    2. Foreign nationals who are university professors or extraordinary researchers with at least three years experience in teaching or research and who are recognized internationally
    3. Foreigners who are directors or executives and find it necessary to transfer to the US.
  • EB2 Professionals who have an advanced degree (doctorate, master’s degree or at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience) or persons with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts or business.
  • EB3 Equipped workers, professional and other workers.
  • EB4 Certain special immigrants: priests, religious workers, people working or who have worked for the US government, etc.
  • EB5. Investors.

Please feel free to contact BBA Law Group today, where one of our experienced attorneys will be able to guide you through the Employment Based Residence process.

Back To Top